Friday, December 23, 2005

Another rough week

Well here I am home alone for the first day. My husband left yesterday afternoon to go to his parents house for Christmas. This week has been a rough one. To start on Sunday my Uncle died unexpectedly. Tuesday my neighbor, a domestic violence victim, finally decided to leave and get out with her children. She stayed the night at our house. She went to the court house the next day and got orders filed. She needed another place to stay Wednesday night because the safe house wouldnt expect her until Thursday. The first night all three of his family members came banging down my door. They were screaming and cursing and upsetting the children. The next day one of them came over banging down the door. She wouldn't leave. I had to call the cops and set off my house alarm. They came and settled things. My husband told the cop now they have what they wanted we do not want any of them on our property anymore and the police officer stated the same. Now she was without a vehicle to be able to leave my house. I had to drive her and the kids around to the DHHR and trying to find a place to stay. She had just enough money for a hotel room for the night. She was supposed to have a court hearing today. And hopefully she made it the safe house. I felt bad leaving her and the kids there but we have our lives too. And a little boy living here that doesn't really need to be exposed to that stuff. He has seen enough stuff like that between his own parents. My husband always had to call the cops on his ex-girlfriend because of her shananigans. I just hope she doesn't break from the hardness of it all and go back to the creep. Those kids were really suffering. The little boy had mostly mental abuse but some physical too, the little girl has had mental and physical abuse, the mother mental, physical and sexual. Anyway, then I went back to my hometown for a memorial service for my Uncle. My family made me feel bad about not being able to come for Christmas dinner. They were disappointed. Today after I thought about it or a while I decided that I wanted to go to my father's house for Christmas dinner. It will make my dad's Christmas, my family will be happy to see me there and it will be extra support for my aunt and cousins. I had to call my husband and let him know about my decision and convince him this would be a good thing. I do have to work but I get off in enough time to make it there in time for dinner. It will be nice. I'll let you all know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home