Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Compromise

Today I popped the question. I told my husband that I had been thinking about a way both of us could be happy for Christmas. What if he left Thursday and came home Sunday in time for me to off of work? That way he could spend time with his family and I would still have my family home for Christmas. First he said something about not being there to eat dinner. I had to walk out of the room before I slapped him. But when I came back he said that he wasn't going to go this year. It isn't worth all the driving and gas just to go for a couple of days. I think it is but hey what do I know. I think he thought about this before and just hadn't told me. Anyway, he says he is going next year. And either I need to be off of work, call out or not go with him. I had already made up my mind that I was telling my boss that I needed off because of the family. I have been there almost 5 years and have never asked for something like this. After working 3 Christmases straight she should be able to give me this. I wish he would go though. That way he doesn't have any reason to resent me later. Oh well. Of course he has made himself the hero in this. I guess I will take whatever I can get. I just wish we didn't have to go around the bush to get to these end results. I can only hope my husband will grow up someday and that we will grow more in tune with each other. In the meantime I am wife, mother and peacekeeper in this house. A woman's job is never done. I think that qualifies me as !00% sane at this time. Thank God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home