Friday, January 27, 2006

my son

Today was report card day. My son brought home good grades, of course. He is still on the honor roll. I am a proud parent of an honor roll student. And I don't mind taking the credit. He does the work and I take the credit.

I don't remember having marks on my report cards for behavior. These are marks for areas needing improvement, not grades. I don't even know that they do this in other states. But my son's reports have a section for behavior. This marking period (the 2nd) he has a couple marks, 4 to be exact, that show he needs improvement. He had no marks the 1st marking period. It says he is not turning in his work on time. Not working well independently, not being cooperative all the time or listening to directions.

What else is new. That is him. He has and probably will always be that way. Partially due to his ADHD. And he is also stubborn hard-headed and sometimes a little dense. But he does get it honestly.

He has been doing really good in daycare. He loves it.

He told me tonight that "Jennifer" (his mother) gave him her phone number. If he wants to talk to her he can call. He doesn't want to call right now but he may want to at another time. "But Mom I love you more than I do her" Followed by a big hug, like he was telling me not to worry. Also he says he likes talking to me and he can do it all the time because we live together. He doesn't get to talk to her all the time because he doesn't see her often.

He never ceases to amaze me with his new grown up way of thinking. I can see more and more that he is growing up :o( I don't know if that is a good thing or not, the jury is still out on that one. Some days I can't wait and then other is seems like it is going too fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home